Search This Blog

Pageviews past week

Friday, August 14, 2009

Where have I been?

Wow! That's a good question. I've been here, but just really busy. My goal was to post every day on this thing, but it seems I post once per year! I guess I'll just keep on making the same commitment to myself, and eventually I'll fulfill it. Okay just to catch you up. My summer has been ok. It's just been just my little one's and myself as my stepson has been away with his mom for the summer. It was kind of nice having a break from a teenager for the summer. It's like you miss them and then you don't... Praise God that cat was also away for the summer! Although their was drama around where Mr. Cat would spend his summer.

Which I still don't understand.

I mean we didn't purchase the cat so why would cat spend the summer with us without his owner present? Well my husband's baby mama didn't quite see it that way. She was livid that the cat SHE purchased to live in HER home was coming for the summer. Oh well! She got him. I mean who buys an animal for someone in the midst of a custody trial anyway?

The summer is almost over and my stepson will be returning. I think this year will be a better year for all involved. We know more of what to expect from an academic standpoint, and we know where we need to stand our ground. My husband and I plan to go into this year united and on the same page! At least that's what we have agreed upon.... My three year old will be attending two days of preschool this year! I'm excited for him, and nervous at the same time. I love that lil booger so much! That will leave me and the two year old with alone time... I'm kinda looking forward to that also. We don't get too much time when it's just the girls, so maybe this will be fun. For myself I will be taking two more classes this semester. Now I'm really nervous about the math class.

Math is my criptonite.

It is that of which I have always feared.

It is that dark place for me.

In other words I am scared out of my mind. Now don't laugh, but it's a PRE alegebra class... I know. I feel so stupid. How is it that I can be this intelligent woman and still not get "middle-school" math! Somewhere along the way "I didn't get it". Unfortunately for me noone ever caught on that the chick in the back with the MC Lyte bob, and gold bamboo earrings "didn't get it". So since then I've been avoiding academics because of my fear of math. I'm carrying a 3.8 gpa right now but that math thing just really scares me. You know what though? The more I talk to other women I realize that I'm not alone. So many women I speak to say that they avoided certain majors in college because of the amount of math involved. How sad is that? I know that one thing I will do with my little girl is make sure that she conquers any math fears early. I'm 38 and just now preparing to slay my math dragon.

So question of the day. Are you afraid of math? Have you slayed your math dragon?

No comments:

Post a Comment