Search This Blog

Pageviews past week

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Feeling inspired

So Tuesday was terrible. I didn't get to do anything for myself but I did get some things done off my list. I made a list a few days ago because I was just feeling so overwhelmed. Lists have always helped me to feel organized;even when I'm not. There is something so motivating about being able to cross something off the list. Even if it's something small like "find red lipgloss". When I'm able to cross a few things off, then I feel like I accomplished something, and it's right there in black and white as proof.

So anyway I cleaned my bathroom tub, mopped the bathroom floor and recleaned and organized the drawers and underneath the sink area for probably the hundreth time. I know, I know the key to organization is to keep things organized, right? Yet I just can't seem to keep things organized but I figure if I just keep doing it, then its bound to stick, right? I also cleaned out my big, tall, cabinet that doesn't match anything else in my room, and is solely for housing all of my beauty projects purchased in a fit of "product junkyism". Did I mention I purchased another (okay two more!) beauty products. One was a coconut conditioner that was reviewed on curly nikki and the other was the matching coconut mouse. I have been trying to henna my hair for the last few months, but I just can't seem to make the time. Maybe this weekend but who I am I kidding? I tell you, that's one thing I miss making time for, and that's doing my beauty rituals. I read these blogs like curly nikki and I think "where the hell does she find the time do all this stuff?!" I mean she is doing the henna and the twist n curl's and overnight deep conditioners. Half the time I'm lucky if I get a shower! I think I've figured it out. She must not have kids. It will be interesting to see how much hair gets hennaed and twisted once she procreates. For now I'll just enjoy her blogs and live vicariously through her. She gives some great tips and her hair is gorgeous. Every day when I peek at it, I'm inspired to do something different to my hair. I get that way when I go to somebodies house that's decorated nicely or that is very clean too. I want to go home and emulate what I admire. I guess that's a good thing. Maybe that's why they say you should surround yourself with people you want to aspire to be. If you just sit around with other people who have junky, cluttered homes, and jacked up hair then you're never challenged to change or behave differently. My new friends home wasn't a masterpiece but it was a home like mine yet more organized. You can tell she likes to entertain and she made the kids and I lunch with her little salad spinner and homemade dressing. It just felt nice and has inspired me to start purchasing some home gadgets myself. Yep countertop, make way for the new salad spinner! I'm home so I might as well make it as comfortable as possible, right?

So my question this morning before my kids come in the here (I hear them talking to each other in their beds).

Does going to another persons home inspire you to change your own surroundings?

No comments:

Post a Comment